I missed two solid weeks of these so now I feel bad. I’m sorry this is kind of a rush job but I literally just got home from SDCC and I’m trying super hard to catch up!
This giveaway is going to be a little different since I want to give people more than just a few hours to enter - so rather than ending tonight I’ll end it on Wednesday.
- Someone is going to win a lacrosse hoodie
- Any size, any character (new characters are coming soon-ish)
- Shipped anywhere
- Like and/or reblog to enter! Don’t spam or be a jerk because it’ll break the notes and ruin my day.
- This giveaway ends on WEDNESDAY, JULY 30th at 10 PM, PST.
!BONUS! This week’s winner will also get one of the SDCC EXCLUSIVE BEASTIARIES. I managed to grab a couple extra at the con. The beastiary and the hoodie will ship separately but to the same address, free of charge.
i’m kind of staring into the abyss of fandom
the ironic part of the call for a teen wolf boycott is that it’s gaining traction but the circumstances are questionable it’s in no way in retaliation to
- killing off female characters
- the killing off characters without funerals
- the deplorably written scenes of abuse, sexual assault and mental health
- the near non existent representation of poc
- the sexualization of female characters
- the culture appropriation the writers use time and time again
- the treatment of danny’s character by writers and jeff davis’ writers room
- the after after show
- the after show
- teen wolf’s social media snafus for the past four years
but the boycott that is gaining traction is at the cusp of either
- the sterek campaign not getting recognition at the fandom awards directly by tyler posey (which again, it’s not really plausible that tyler posey was in charge of what he was scripted to say, these award shows are scripted. again it’s debatable how much info he received prior to the award being presented)
- clevver tv’s interview which again is no way surprising as the last four comic cons can attest to
- jeff davis acknowledging that malia’s character was never fully developed and he didn’t think anyone would notice that she basically went from living in the woods to living in stiles’ bedroom (in that respect i am really more angry at that since it’s how teen wolf has operated since day one with female characters and i am sick of it)
it’s understandable why a boycott should happen given teen wolf’s history but mid fourth season where the most recent issues seem to be fairly benign compared to the utter shit that has going on in this fandom since first season hiatus.
a lot of fans of teen wolf have already bowed out of watching teen wolf and following mtv due to previous transgressions from the show
the last call to arms for a teen wolf boycott was for motel california and how there was a lack of sterek. yet this blackout was on the only episode that had an actual development of a canon lgbta couple, danny and ethan. so it’s a false resonance to why actually that call to arms was happening.
anyway, boycott at your discretion. fans have a lot of justifiable reasons to boycott. though from what i am seeing a lot have to do with the sterek campaign’s award
a lot of this season has been a vast improvement from season three which was terrible from every way
Okay, so before I get into the meat and potatoes of this topic, you should know that most of my knowledge on the Teen Wolf Blackout is best laid out in this post, which I’ve come to think of as the call-to-arms of sort for this thing. If you’re unfamiliar with the idea but interested in my opinion of it, I suggest you start there and come back here.
That being said.
Just because you aren’t personally offended by something doesn’t mean it’s not offensive
shout-out to that tumblr user that you can’t believe follows you
Uh oh… I’ve never actually watched Merlin, so I’m gonna have to go by what I know about it from tumblr (and livejournal in the earlier days)
Sorry if it’s kinda lame, but these are also the only 5 people I know of that show ( I’m using the term ‘know’ very lightly here… but I could at least pick all of them out in a crowd)
chris control your goddamn face you have just gone through an extremely painful super-serum transformation you did not just have the diddly doo orgasm
…actually, at this point, Steve’s just now experiencing the sudden absence of both recent extreme pain and long-term low level pain. He’s probably so high on endorphins that the expression is completely accurate.
Also, he was asthmatic. This is the first time in twenty years that his lungs work. Ever had an oxygen high?
Might not be an O-face folks, but homeboys high as a kite.
*reblogs to save deeply inspirational commentary*
We are the Muses. Goddesses of the arts and proclaimers of heroes